Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday

Today(10-4-2009) is Good Friday


Good Friday is the Friday before Easter day. It is a religious holiday observed by Christian primarily to remember the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, and his death at Golgotha. Jesus was resurrected 3 days after his crucifixion.

The following are the “The 7 last words of Christ”, in the cross:-

Luke 23:34 (King James Version)

34Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

Jesus is actually reflecting his teaching of unqualified love and forgiveness, love their enemies and the people who persecute them, including the Roman soldiers who crucified him, and all others who are involved in the crucifixion.

In Mathew 5:44 it is read that : But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you

Luke 23:43 (King James Version)

43And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Jesus provided the good news of forgiveness of sin to the two thieves. Their confession of guilt and sins have been forgiven, they are the new creation in the paradise.

John 19:26-27 (King James Version)

26When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!

27Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

Jesus on the verge of giving up his life in earth, was now giving up his last attachment as a man on earth, The last attachment was his mother, the woman he love. He requested the disciple to take care of the mother. Without the mother , Jesus died in the most humble way, not even the mother is with him.

Matthew 27:46 (King James Version)

46And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

In Psalm 22:1 : 1My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? The gulf of separation between the God and son was the death in God, the desert of God from his son, to fulfill the promise.

John 19:28 (King James Version)

28After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.

Jesus said to Peter in John 18:11; the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it?. In Psalm 69:21, the bible said they give me also gall for my meat, and in my thirst they give me vinegar to drink.

Jesus was given sour wine to drink, soaked in a sponge on a hyssop stem.

John 19:30 (King James Version)

30When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Jesus is saving that his job is completed in this earth, the debt of sin is written off by his blood in the cross.

Luke 23:46 (King James Version)

46And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

Jesus is actually saying Psalm 31:5 :- 5Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment