Sunday, July 26, 2009
The Lim jetty with its original 42 houses were burnt during the Japanese bombing of Penang in December 1941 (Land Office File, Penang). After the war, 26 of the houses were rebuilt.
In early 1960s, sampan ferry service and cargo handling were the predominant occupations of Lim Jetty, and Lees, Ongs, and Chews. Now only one house left at Ong Jetty.